A Reputation of Excellence Built On
Founded in 1941, Silver Companies is a privately held real estate investment and development firm with Silver Capital headquartered in Boca Raton, FL, and our metropolitan Washington, D.C. regional office located in Fredericksburg, VA.
Real Estate Investments & Capital Lending
Resort Inspired Apartment Communities
Senior Living Communities
Diverse Commercial and Retail Development Portfolio
A Unique Agritourism Experience & Resort
Committed To Helping Those In Need
Carl D. Silver, a dominant real estate innovator who transformed the business from his first real estate project, a small, ¼ acre of land in Tappahannock, VA, into a large-scale, multi-dimensional real estate empire. Carl’s passion for business was a true inspiration to everyone he worked with, especially his son Larry, who joined his father in 1972. Larry’s strong leadership and entrepreneurial spirit took Silver Companies to another level, expanding the business from a regional developer into a national, diversified real estate investment and development firm.
Silver Companies is a remarkable success story, expanding from an industry leader in Virginia to a prestigious national brand known for quality and integrity. The Silver name has proudly stood behind a reputation of excellence for 79 years built on DRIVE, VISION, QUALITY, and INTEGRITY.
We understand the successes and failures of this challenging, yet rewarding industry. We provide our investors, partners, and local jurisdictions with opportunities for success by sharing our valuable insight throughout the development and investment process.
- History of over $10 billion in capital investments.
- Developed retail properties comprising 12 million square feet.
- Established residential communities with 60,000 home sites.
- Acquired, developed, or are in development of over 10,000 multi-family units.
- Major investors and developers in senior housing industry, including a large development pipeline of memory care properties.
- Capital investment in other major real estate asset classes such as national franchise hotels, offices, warehouses, and self-storage units.
- Acquired, zoned and developed in excess of 20,000 acres of land.